Technology is advancing at an ever-increasing rate, creating opportunities and introducing new ways of working. Ranging from IT-dependent Business Intelligence to intuitive data science, these new tools are called self-service analytics.
What is self-service analytics?
Self-service analytics empower users to model and transform data themselves to generate interactive reports and dashboards. These tools are easy to work with, partly due to their What You See Is What You Get (WYSIWYG) editor.
Your organisation needs self-service analytics
Some of the many reasons why your organisation needs self-service analytics include:
- Fewer data requests for your IT department to handle
- Empowering business users to do their own data analysis
- Faster generation of insights across the organisation
- Rapid generation of one-off insights or data experiments before a decision is made
Implementing self-service analytics
What level of control or freedom does your organisation need? It’s an important question as there isn’t a ‘one size fits all’ solution.
Don’t worry if you’re not certain where to start. Our experts can help you establish your goals and ambitions for self-service analytics before we draft and execute the right governance model for your unique situation. Governance is more than technology. It shows how data, people, processes, and technology interact to deliver the business outcomes you want.
Technologies for self-service analytics
When executing self-service analytics, it is vital that you pay attention to a few crucial elements:
- Is the tool right for your situation? It must support a wide range of data sources, provide visual ways to transform and model your data, and offer an intuitive way to create interactive reports and dashboards.
Our experience shows that Microsoft Power BI is the ideal solution for lots of organisations.
- Can you find and understand your organisational data? A data catalogue that combines the benefits of Google and Wikipedia is a good starting point for understanding your data.
How can Lytix help me with self-service analytics?
Are you ready to take your first steps in the world of self-service analytics? Or has your initiative been more successful than you were expecting and you’re now wondering what you should do next? Whatever the status of your project, Lytix is ready to help your organisation take your self-service analytics to the next level and achieve outstanding business results.